Monday, September 23, 2013

Baptism of Christ, Baptism of Moses Pack


This is a picture I made for my nephew Moses's baptism, I just wanted to help him see the act he was performing in being baptized was in similitude of the Savior and he did a good job.
My mom wasn't a fan of the shirtless Jesus, probably because it looks very Catholic, but I thought this was a possibility back at his time. Sometimes we like to impose our understanding of the present on the past. Religious or cultural.

This illustration was done by drawing then inking the lines, then scanning in and coloring on the computer. I used to think that you couldn't make it in the art world if you only knew how to draw, I thought every artist needed to learn to paint to find success. I believe I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment