Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Portrait of Kellie


This assignment was to paint a portrait of someone we knew, it could be ourselves. My teacher didn't want to see a direct portrait just sitting on a chair or just showing their face but capture who they are. My wife was a good subject because she was a free model and I hadn't painted a portrait of her before. This painting is an example of a happy accident. I did my color study on the computer and printed it out, it printed out the gray area in the middle and cut off the top and bottom, so I used colored pencils and finished those parts on the paper. The result was saturated top and bottom, grayed down middle. My teacher saw it and was really excited, he couldn't wait to see the finish. So I finished it that way and it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment