Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sin, Circus, President

In this picture I have Abraham Lincoln pulling the rug or the flag from underneath Jefferson Davis as he is trying to juggle the Confederate States of America. In some ways I really side with Jefferson Davis, I don't like how our country Nationalized during the Presidency of Lincoln. The original intent of the Constitution is for states to have their Sovereignty. I don't agree with people having the freedom or right to own slaves. It goes against life, liberty, and property for everyone. the massive death toll of the Civil War makes me think there could have been a more civil way of handling the slave issue. I am not sure that was the reason for the civil war, I think it was because the North was losing revenue, the people who were being majorly taxed through tariffs were leaving the Union. Lincoln, was he a hero or a villain? I dont know.

No comments:

Post a Comment