Monday, June 17, 2013

Old Maid


This was an assignment I did in my Illustration I class at BYU, the project guideline was to make a decorative illustration. I chose to redesign the Old Maid card from the Old Maid card game.

Whenever I would play this game with my brothers, whoever was dealt this card at the first usually kept it throughout the game because the corner was bent, so you knew who was in possession of the Old Maid card.

In creating this picture I used Doze Green as my inspiration. He is a street artist who uses lots of lines. I love to use lines in my artwork because it keeps the art looking flat but then I use modeling inside the outlined area for interest. I know it takes away the realism but I guess I couldn't ever get away from the coloring book look.

No comments:

Post a Comment