Saturday, November 2, 2013

Serious Cycling


I did this painting for a chiropractor who is obsessed with cycling. Its a 24 x 36, normally I don't paint that big, it was an enjoyable experience. The problem is I don't paint fast enough, so it takes me forever. The challenge was to make a painting that was inspirational, I have him coming from the city to the mountains, catching the first rays of sun. What could be more inspiring than that. I might be a cycler to if I could afford those sweet bikes and if I could wear those shorts.

Funny story, when I was a teenager, I cant remember the age but about mid teen. My brother Isaac, my friend Richard and I were biking around. We went up to the McDonalds that was near our house. We wanted to go play on the playplace there. We had no bike locks so we found a place in this dumpster area to hide our bikes while we went into the restaurant, after we got kicked out of the playplace for being too big we went back for our bikes. The bike I was riding which was my dads and my brothers bike which was actually my sisters were stolen. The only bike remaining was my friend Richards and his was the most expensive out of the three, it was a racing bike like the ones above.

No comments:

Post a Comment